Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sandwich day. . .

I've been up since five o'clock.  I watched a Hallmark movie and spent time on the phone with one of my daughters.  Now for some coffee and then I'll be ready to plunge into this day.  I love being awake in the early morning hours when it's not time to get up yet. I think it's as close as it gets to being able to suspend time. 

I feel an intrusion already as my mind becomes congested with thoughts of  today's obligations and routine tasks.  For one, I need to call Amtrak and find out why they double-dipped my bank account!

As I visualize the day ahead, I want to call it a "sandwich day," one that has begun with a layer of peaceful morning and will end with a hometown Christmas parade to top off all the busyness in between.          

No comments:

Post a Comment