Friday, December 2, 2011

NC Visit 12-01-11

Thursday. . .

I can't think of anything that feeds one's spirit quite like spending the day with a cherished friend of many years.  Friends of the heart are gifts from God and I have been richly blessed.  Bob used to refer to them as my "soul friends" and I loved how he understood that.  During his illness, I met more of his and he chided me with:  "You see...you're not the only one who has 'soul friends'."  And I loved him for that.

Daniel kept us company in the afternoon.  He wasn't feeling well so Jenn brought him home from school to rest.  He heard us discussing whether or not to go out for lunch and quietly reminded us that he is allowed to stay by himself, sometimes -- just in case we wanted to go somewhere.  How kind.  Or...maybe he was trying to get rid of us.  No...I'm sure he was just trying to be considerate.

Earlier, I spent some of my alone time meditating while playing music; first the violin, then piano.  I'm so "smitten" with the acoustical enhancement of Jenn's music room!  I think it's partly due to the high ceilings.  That and the fact that the adjoining dining room is still unfurnished.

Was it a completely "warm and fuzzy" kind of day?  Absolutely not.  My computer was hacked and it was a lengthy process to read through a lot of technical "mumble-d-gook" and change passwords, uninstall, reinstall, etc.  After all that, I, myself, was blocked from my account for hours in order to give "them" time to validate my existence.  Finally, I am up and running again and, hopefully, with a little more security.  Meanwhile, I will trust that all of my contacts realize that the inappropriate e-mail message they received from my address wasn't really from me!  ......blasted hackers!!! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment