Friday, December 9, 2011

Tea time. . .

I really enjoyed the HCS concert last night. Even though it did keep me up way past my 7:00pm bedtime, it was well worth it.  It was nice to see so many people there, too.  It's going to be another late evening with a long dress rehearsal tonight. 

As I drove to Callicoon earlier, I was surprised to see the snow is gone in Long Eddy and Hankins.  The ground is still covered here.  It's riddled with all kinds of tracks that would probably tell an interesting story if a person had time to study them.  Deer (lots and lots of deer)...squirrels...birds...rabbits...gas truck...work boots...gas hose.  It's kind of neat to come home and know at a glance everything that transpired while you were gone.

I'm finding myself missing Bob, terribly.  While, after almost four years, the grief is not so raw that it interferes with my ability to function, but it is heavy just the same...oh, so heavy. 

Right now, I'm having a cup of herbal tea and evaluating how successful (or not) I have been, so far, in  the effort I am making to avoid stress.  Not that I feel my stress is more than anyone else's; in fact, it is probably less.  Even so, I think it's a healthy preventative measure to take time to re-prioritize every now and then.  I find clarity by using the Serenity Prayer as a guide.  I've begun to like these transitional times despite their emotional strain because I've learned to trust that something good will always evolve and I will have grown, spiritually.  

No comments:

Post a Comment