Monday, December 5, 2011

Let the positive thoughts begin......please. . .

Over the years, I have tried to make it my goal to learn how to avoid stress at any level since we all know stress and anxiety can shorten our lives and at the very least, interfere with the quality with which we live our lives. There is healing power in the practice of positive thinking and the ability to entertain more than just one perspective. We are reminded of this with witty sayings such as “Don’t sweat the small stuff, and it’s all small stuff” or “Let a smile be your umbrella” and “When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.” There are times, though, when there is too much small stuff, the umbrella won’t open and the lemons are spoiled. That’s a little how I have been feeling since yesterday morning.

I would love to have time to bask in the afterglow of special times with my NC family and to share some catching up with family here but I feel inundated with commitments, appointments and loose ends that I am doing my best to keep up with, some of which, so far, have included unforeseen obstacles that have left me in an uncomfortable position.

I see prayers for positive thoughts and an early bedtime in my immediate future.


1 comment:

  1. I am sending prayers right this minute. I am feeling the same way. Some days more then usual and some days it's ok.... Life in our country life is hectic:)

    ReplyDelete