Friday, December 30, 2011

Morning has broken. . .

Morning has broken. . .Blackbird has spoken.

Reluctantly, I will venture away from my nest today after spending four consecutive days without once revving up the Equinox to back out of the garage.  It is exactly as I parked it on Sunday, Christmas afternoon, when I came home.  I have treasured these stay-at-home days, detached from clocks and free from calendars.  I need these retreats every now and then.  It's not the avoidance of activity that is so appealing, rather the welcoming of uninterrupted thought processes; for me - prayer and meditation, as I go about my tasks.  It is after these times when I experience my most significant awakenings (dawnings... "morning" moments) and each time, by the grace of God, I emerge a little more spiritually sound.

I will be contemplating all of this today as I rev up the Equinox, back out of the garage and drive through the beautiful countryside for an overdue service/oil change appointment.  If only a few days' retreat could renew and refresh my car the same as they do me!

No comments:

Post a Comment