Wednesday, December 7, 2011

the day unfolds. . .

What a warm, foggy, rainy morning – very “un-Decembery.” Outside, everything is so green and lush that I suppose the evergreens, unaccustomed to sharing their reign of brilliance during these months, might be just a little bit envious. Or…maybe the taller, statelier ones have come to a more mature understanding of the flexible timeliness of things. It’s hard to tell by their expressionless presence. (I wonder if it is sacrilegious to interject emotions on the nature I see around me? It’s not that I really believe trees (etc.) have the same senses as human beings but I do allow myself to become immersed in the idea and the endless parallels and analogies that idea inspires. Maybe it’s because, according to Joyce Kilmer, “Only God can make a tree.”

It felt good to get back to Curves early this morning. It gave me time to consider the extent of what I hoped to accomplish today vs. what is feasible. (Goals can be good incentive but if always set beyond reach, they can also be deflators of self-esteem.) Right now, I’m taking a lunch break. . .well, breakfast, really. . .and deciding what to “attack” next. I finally took time to go through the stacks of “snail” mail that came while I was away. Don’t even get me started on that!

Now, wondering how to prioritize next, I am faced with the old familiar three-way conflict: the need-to’s, the should’s, or the want-to’s?

One thing for sure. . .the day will unfold, regardless so I guess it’s up to me to choose how to fill the time. It helps to think beyond now and of how I will feel later on about the decisions I make at the moment.

Hmm...  "As the Day Unfolds" ...  a new soap opera, perhaps?  =^)

No comments:

Post a Comment