Tuesday, April 5, 2011

NC Visit - Day 15. . .

A few days ago, I talked about my patience with varying weather; the exception being wind. I get a little nervous when the wind is severe. In the wee hours of this morning, I was startled awake by a loud roaring sound. Remembering I was not in my own house and realizing it was pouring rain, I thought, "That must be how it sounds here." I went back to sleep and as I dozed off, I thought about the sounds I had heard and how, if I had been at home, I would have sworn some trees had fallen. There's that first cracking sound, followed by rustling, snapping sounds that seem to happen in slow motion. Hearing no other commotion around me and since the wind and rain seemed to be letting up, I went peacefully back to sleep. Fast forward. . . Now, I am keeping Kaitlyn company, inside, while Dan puts his chain saw to work to clear away the trees that fell earlier, narrowly missing the vehicles and partially falling on the house. Thankfully, there was no damage--just a bent drain pipe. But, what a mess! The grounds, patio and driveway were absolutely pristine after all his yard work yesterday. He sure has his work cut out for him today. Even so, experience tells me "boys" always welcome an excuse to play with their "toys," regardless of claims to the contrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment