Monday, September 5, 2011

Nothing to hide. . .

My dehumidifier is working overtime.  Do you suppose it makes a difference...its setting in a puddle all night?  Oh, woe is me!  Every now and then I do lose sight of that obscure little light at the end of the tunnel.  These are some of those times that try my soul but I know a Power  (I am NOT referring to NYSEG) higher than I will take me by the shoulders and steer me, if not around the obstacles - then through them!

Yesterday, I wrote this prayer and today, when I read it, even I said, "Dorothy, you're wierd" and I thought it was just too gloomy to post:
 "Lord, I am depressed. Let me just stay here awhile and visit the chasms of my darkest hours. Let them surround me and hide me in their blackness until I am soothed by their velveteen softness. Let my heart ache, let my eyes cry. Then, when you are ready, Lord, lift me from this place and show me the glittering light of happiness again. My arms will be reaching out for You." 
Today, now that I am no longer in that moment, it feels a little more acceptable to post; although not fully so since it is such a secret place.  Then I thought, "So what?"  This is my life's journey, after all, and the "valleys" are no less pertinent than the "peaks." The purpose for my journaling is so that I can continue to determine who I am and what on earth I'm here for.  When I began this Blog, I very gingerly decided to open its door to any who chose to enter (at their own risk, of course!)  Not because I believed I had something worthy of sharing but simply because I have nothing to hide. 

It also spares my family from being held captive to my endless chatter about what I am thinking.  I wonder if that's why they suggested Blogging to me in the first place? 

No comments:

Post a Comment