Sunday, October 28, 2018

NC visit Day 5 10-22-2018

Monday

Work and school week begins for Jenn and Daniel. Rachael is in and out juggling classes and work. She’s a busy girl! Lazy day for me. My painful heel is improving and I don’t want to jinx it. Rotating and stretching it while sitting seems to help. My only project for today was to sort and organize my “stuff” that I have stashed here. Several types of shoes are handy since they use precious packing space when flying. Toiletries, too, so I don’t have to bother with the liquid “thing.”

This evening was Daniel’s choral concert. Oh, my gosh! Jenn and I cannot be trusted to go anywhere together! I will explain: Daniel has decided to shave his head. When their director cautioned the chorus about avoiding any distracting accessories, the comments among Daniel’s peers about his bald head centered around its shine. The joking followed him home after school where various remarks continued, including Jenn and myself. Well......when the choir filed onstage in the darkened auditorium wearing all black clothing......there stood Daniel, perfectly aligned under an overhead light. It was a distraction alright. His pasty head (from wearing hats in the sun) seemed to double in circumference by a broad glow forming a perfect circle around his head! (You know...like the pictures of the Holy Family on Christmas cards.) Needless to say, I lost it! I had to try so hard to keep from exploding in laughter that it was painful. Same for Jenn. We could not make eye contact. Nor could I look at Daniel during the entire first number. Just as we were almost under control, we heard the girl (part of the in-school discussion) behind us whisper, “Oh. My. God. Daniel’s head.” It was a memorable evening.

Oh...and the performance was superb!

No comments:

Post a Comment